By Richard Stiennon – The problem is not with US-CERT’s administration. It is with their impossible mission. There appears to be some belief within DHS and the inspector general’s office that the secret Einstein project is somehow going to improve cyber security. Pointing fingers at slow deployment and lack of information dissemination is ignoring a more fundamental problem.
The Einstein project, authorized under the still classified portions of the Bush Administration’s Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative (CNCI), is a plan to deploy Intrusion Detection sensors (IDS) at all of the government’s Internet gateways. more> http://bwbx.io/cwFK
- Cybersecurity program has serious defects, GAO says
- This Week, Cybersecurity Efforts Advance on Several Fronts
- Cybersecurity: Lots of Answers, Now Let’s Ask the Right Questions ←
- The unreadiness team, Washington Post http://tinyurl.com/2bn8e9h
- U.S. Computer Emergency Readiness Team Makes Progress in Securing Cyberspace, but Challenges Remain, DHS http://tinyurl.com/29d82uk