US Senate – Measures Considered:
Patent Reform Act–Agreement: Senate began consideration of S. 23, to amend title 35, United States Code, to provide for patent reform, agreeing to the committee reported amendments, and taking action on the following amendments proposed thereto:
Pages S936-53, S956-57
Leahy Amendment No. 114, to improve the bill.
Vitter/Toomey Amendment No. 112, to require that the Government prioritize all obligations on the debt held by the public in the event that the debt limit is reached.
Bennet Amendment No. 116, to reduce the fee amounts paid by small entities requesting prioritized examination under Three-Track Examination.
Bennet Amendment No. 117, to establish additional USPTO satellite offices.
Lee Amendment No. 115, to express the sense of the Senate in support of a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.
A unanimous-consent agreement was reached providing for further consideration of the bill at approximately 11 a.m., on Tuesday, March 1, 2011.
- Inventor’s Interests, If Not Rights, Limited by S. 23
- House Hearing: “Review of Recent Judicial Decisions on Patent Law”
- Senate-passed patent bill – key provisions
- White Board: Goolsbee on Patent Reform
- Patent Reform Act in the U.S. Senate (6)
- Patent Reform Act in the U.S. Senate (5)
- Patent Reform Act in the U.S. Senate (4)
- Patent Reform Act in the U.S. Senate (3)
- Patent Reform Act in the U.S. Senate (2)
- House Hearing: H.R. 1249, the “America Invents Act” ↑
- Crunch Time For Patent Reform Act ↓
- The Back Room Politics of Patent Reform
- S.23 CRS Summary
- White House, Leahy Push For Patent Reform Ahead Of Cloture Vote, Josh Smith, National Journal http://tinyurl.com/645sy44
- S. 23: The U.S. Senate’s Patent Reform Bill, Thomas E. Friebel, David B. Cochran and Peter G. Thurlow, Jones Day Publications http://tinyurl.com/6yenqac
- Sen. Mark Kirk’s “Small Business Bill of Rights” gains support, State Column http://tinyurl.com/6fyxq3y
- Patent Overhaul Gathers Steam, Glenn Hess, Chemical & Engineering News http://tinyurl.com/5uwxjeg
- Senate Adopts Key Amendment To Patent Bill, Josh Smith, National Journal http://tinyurl.com/623mehk
- Myhrvold’s patent firm sees revenue swell, John Letzing, MarketWatch http://tinyurl.com/4mbrb27
- Senate votes to close debate on Patent Reform Act, Josiah Ryan, Hill http://tinyurl.com/6eujxa5
- Cloture filed on Patent Reform Act, Josiah Ryan, Hill http://tinyurl.com/4cnc5sw
- Feinstein patent reform amendment fails, Hayley Tsukayama, Washington Post http://tinyurl.com/5wjqbnw