By Jim Duffy – The past three years have been very noisy on the data center fabric and architecture front. Every quarter seems to bring about a new convergence blueprint from another vendor – and a variety from one or two.
Brocade has some FCoE products but is not as bullish as Cisco on the technology. That’s because Brocade has the lion’s share of the Fibre Channel SAN market – it would lose Fibre Channel revenue to Cisco.
Juniper‘s QFabric seeks to flatten and simplify data center networks to accommodate growth of devices and applications, virtualized servers and storage, and cloud-enabled on-demand access to virtualized pools of IT resources. more> http://is.gd/MkPxbw
- The data center needs an operating system?
- Cisco vs. HP vs. IBM vs. Dell (networkworld.com)
- Brocade In Dell’s Sights? (informationweek.com)
- Addressing the FCoE “Ready-For-Prime-Time” Question (blogs.cisco.com)
- Directing Fibre Channel storage traffic over Ethernet (go.theregister.com)
- Fancy buying Brocade – again? (go.theregister.com)