Business Excellence Magazine – Anyone who worked in an office before email will remember the impact it made. In my early years as a magazine editor my freelance writers would deliver their articles on a floppy disk—and we thought that was a marvellous improvement over printed copy.
But now we are part of an international business communications portal, collaborating with writers, designers and customers all over the world, the miracle of email is showing its limitations. When multiple recipients return attachments with individual comments, it’s the devil’s own job to coordinate them into a cohesive final document. Magnify my problems into the world of corporations of all shapes and sizes trying to introduce new products or services—there must be a better way!
Well, now we have it, and IBM calls it “social business”—the application of social media techniques to business improvement. As the second largest publicly traded technology company in the world, with over 400,000 employees (known as IBMers), IBM understands the challenges of organisations spread out over multiple locations, because it is one. more> http://tinyurl.com/7jkdn5b
- Become a Social Business, StrategyGroup
- For a successful Social Business Project, you need both IT and Line of Business! Sandy Carter, IBM
- IBM’s executive brief. Social business behavior (serve4impact.com)
- 4 Things to Consider About Social Business (stealthmode.com)
- From @jbell99: Communications leading social business – PRWeek (shanecrombie.com)
- Sandy Carter (IBM) on What it Takes to Become a Social Business (socialmediaclub.org)
- How IBM brings events to life with social (bazaarvoice.com)
- Why Social Business will be bigger than Social Marketing (theengagingbrand.typepad.com)
- Trilog Group Wins 2011 IBM Beacon Award for Outstanding Business Value through Social Business (prweb.com)
- Social Media Week: Business Metrics Take Spotlight (informationweek.com)
- Report: Outlook for Australian Social Business (servantofchaos.com)
- Business Myopia-The Need To Realign Hope And Reality With Your Social Business (directmarketingobservations.com)