By Linda Musthaler – For the past five years, Network Instruments, the network and applications performance monitoring vendor, has surveyed network managers to get a sense of how emerging technologies will impact service delivery and IT operations management. The results were recently published in the Fifth Annual State of the Network Global Study.
- Video has finally gone mainstream in the enterprise, especially for videoconferencing, training, and sales and marketing.
- difficulty with allocating and monitoring bandwidth (47%)
- lack of tools to manage video performance (47%)
- lack of standardized metrics to monitor video quality: latency (76%), packet loss (69%), and jitter (60%)
- Training, Network Bandwidth Top Videoconferencing Concerns (informationweek.com)
- IT stressed over cloud and video bandwidth demands (infoworld.com)
- Enterprise Videoconferencing Market Grows 20 Per Cent Year-On-Year (itproportal.com)