By Jim Duffy – Despite vendor pledges to support existing or developing industry standards, users are expected to deploy single-vendor data center and cloud switching fabrics from their primary suppliers.
Standards such as Transparent Interconnect of Lots of Links (TRILL), Shortest Path Bridging and Multi-Chassis Link Aggregation will be embraced by those vendors looking to dent Cisco‘s dominance in data center switching.
The standards support will soothe customers looking to avoid vendor lock-in, but it’s unlikely IT shops will mix and match multivendor switches within and between data centers. more> http://is.gd/yxxBJY
- IBM SmartCloud, StrategyGroup
- Data Center Complexity – and Clarity Around Outages (rackspace.com)
- Google’s Super-Efficient Belgium Data Center Operates at 95 Degrees (treehugger.com)
- Steps to Ease Data Center Cooling – Number 3 (blogs.gartner.com)
- Scenes from the AFCOM Data Center World Expo (datacenterknowledge.com)
- Top 5 Data Center Stories, Week of March 31st (datacenterknowledge.com)
- What Will the Servers of the Future Look Like? (datacenterknowledge.com)