By Bob Fernandez – Years after Verizon Communications Inc. wired the suburbs of Boston, Buffalo, and Baltimore with superfast Internet, more than one million residents in the poorer urban neighborhoods of those metro areas are still waiting for FiOS.
Ditto, according to a union representing Verizon workers, for Syracuse, Albany, Erie, Scranton, and other Northeast cities. No FiOS.
Verizon has formed partnerships with Comcast Corp., Time Warner Cable, and Bright House Networks that critics consider a truce among the telecom giants that could diminish price and customer-service competition for high-speed Internet.
Others have even suggested that Verizon could abandon FiOS. more> http://is.gd/F5ZLmq
- Why Verizon’s proposed deal with cable companies could kill FiOS and cable competition as we know it (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- Verizon: You Totally Need This Unnecessary FiOS Upgrade (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- Philadelphia City Council To Hold Hearing On Verizon’s Alleged FiOS Delays (philadelphia.cbslocal.com)
- Verizon drops DSL in FiOS areas, hints prepaid smartphone (electronista.com)
- Comcast, Verizon Expand ‘Quad-Play’ Deal, Chloe Albanesius, PCMag.com
- Comcast, Verizon to cross-sell services in Chicago area, Wailin Wong, Chicago Tribune
- Ignoring critics, Verizon, Comcast dive deeper into cross-selling pact, Kevin Fitchard, GigaOM
- Regulators Eye Verizon’s Proposed Airwaves Deal, Joel Rose, npr