By Lori Montgomery and Rosalind S. Helderman – Across the U.S. economy, anxiety is rising about the potential for widespread disruptions after the November election, when a lame-duck Congress will have barely two months to resolve a grinding standoff over taxes and spending.
The halls of the U.S. Capitol are already teeming with people warning of disaster if lawmakers fail to defuse a New Year’s budget bomb scheduled to raise taxes for every American taxpayer and slash spending at the Pentagon and most other federal agencies. more> http://is.gd/umu0PB
- Speaker Boehner Plans to Stop Taxmageddon Train Wreck (rubinoworld.com)
- ‘Taxmageddon’ Could Cost You Big (foxnews.com)
- Snow: Taxmageddon Would Devastate the Economy and the Stock Market (taxprof.typepad.com)
- GOP senator says Obama misleading the public on deficit, Daniel Strauss, Hill
- Harry Reid puts nuclear option in back pocket, Alexander Bolton, Hill