By Bill Brenner – During lunch at ISSA-LA’s Security Summit IV event here at the Universal City Hilton, we heard a talk from Bruce W. McConnell, senior counselor for cybersecurity at the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
I’m particularly puzzled by what he said — and didn’t say — about cybersecurity legislation pending in Congress.
He said that like it’s a bad thing. more> http://tinyurl.com/6uqd3au
- Beyond CISPA: The cybersecurity bills you need to worry about right now (digitaltrends.com)
- How To Hide Your Personal Information From Big Government (ConservativeActionAlerts.com)
- Information Operations community takes another Hit (toinformistoinfluence.com)
- FBI official: Cybersecurity strategy ‘unsustainable’- Data center holding Americans’ electronic footprint? (foxnews.com)
- Granick on CISPA’s Deficiencies (With Some of My Own Comments) (ericgoldman.org)
- Congress Proposes FISMA Overhaul (informationweek.com)
- Bill seeks to give DHS authority over private cybersecurity (smartbrief.com)
- White House Cyber Czar Schmidt to Retire, David Stegon, FedScoop
- SOPA supporters meet in secret to strangle Internet freedom & online speech, Ms. Smith, Network World