- Greeks’ crisis is personal as well as political, Derek Gatopoulos, BusinessWeek
- Reps. Louie Gohmert (TX-01), Jeff Landry (LA-03), & Scott Rigell (VA-02): The FY 13 NDAA Keeps Terrorists Off U.S. Soil without Compromising Civil Liberties; RedState, May 15.
- Rep. Kevin Brady (TX-08) with Sen. Jim DeMint (R-SC): Saying No to State Bailouts; Wall Street Journal, May 15.
- Reps. Sandy Adams (FL-24), Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05), Michele Bachmann (MN-06), Marsha Blackburn (TN-07), Ann Marie Buerkle (NY-25), Renee Ellmers (NC-02), Vicki Hartzler (MO-04), Lynn Jenkins (KS-02), Cynthia Lummis (WY-At Large), Sue Myrick (NC-09), and 4 others: GOP Is the Real Party of American Women; Politico, May 16.
- Rep. Sam Graves (MO-06): What Small Business Is the Next Facebook?; CNBC, May 17.
- Rep. Jeb Hensarling (TX-05): When Risk Is Outlawed; Washington Times, May 17.
- Rep. Sandy Adams (FL-24): Democrats Peddle False Narrative to Hide Failures; Orlando Sentinel, May 17.
- Rep. David Schweikert (AZ-05): How Obama’s ‘Too Big to Fail’ Policies Have Made Banks too Big Not to Fail; The Hill, May 17.
- On May 16, the House approved H.R. 4970, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act (VAWA) of 2012, which reauthorizes funding for VAWA grant programs for five years, and would authorize $660 million in funding per year to help prevent domestic violence and protect victims of abuse.
- On May 18, the House approved H.R. 4310, the FY2013 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA), which authorizes appropriations for the Department of Defense (DoD) and for the national security programs of the Department of Energy (DoE) for Fiscal Year 2013.
- National Small Business Week began on Sunday and lasts through May 26.
- The House will reconvene May 30. That week, we expect to debate and vote on the Intelligence Authorization Act and the bill appropriating money for military construction projects and the Dept. of Veterans Affairs.
- Music royalties and Pandora’s box
- Space Construction (12)
- 2010 April
- Robot Bartender Would Not Be Complete Without LEDs
- Will California’s cap-and-trade experiment catch on?
- Space Shuttle Update (43)
- France Approves Major Labor Reform Package
- Space Construction (5)
- Why the U.S. Has a Worse Youth Unemployment Problem than Europe
- The 2010 EU Industrial R&D Investment Scoreboard
- "Business is a dogfight. Your job as a leader: Outmaneuver the competition" bwbx.io/zXcn 1 day ago
- "The problem is not too little investment in Japan but really the opposite; too much investment." bwbx.io/Kh4q 1 day ago
- "Coaching involves a collaborative process between the coach and the recipient." bwbx.io/djfr 1 day ago
- Borrowers typically have no say in choosing a mortgage servicer and lenders frequently sell loans to investors. bwbx.io/6Ta 1 day ago
- “Investors accounted for a larger proportion of the housing recovery than people realize.” bwbx.io/3k1O 2 days ago