By Paul Roderick Gregory – American exceptional-ism is the notion that the United States occupies a unique position in the world, offering opportunity and hope to others by its unique balance of public and private interests and constitutional ideals of personal and economic freedom. The phrase, often attributed to Alexis de Tocqueville in his 1835 Democracy in America, offers Romney an opening wide enough for a truck: If America is exceptional, why must we fundamentally transform it as Obama promises?
While Europeans take for granted a powerful, intrusive state, the U. S. Constitution protects citizens and their property from an over reaching state. The focus of the U.S. Constitution is the individual and the inherent rights the state cannot take away (what Obama calls “negative liberties”). more> http://tinyurl.com/d7oarwt
- | Defining American Exceptionalism! (truthaholics.wordpress.com)
- Standing on Principle (citizentom.com)
- Foreigners drawn to Detroit, witness to a city’s fall and attempt to rise again (pri.org)
- Trump Responds To Maher’s Dismissal Of American Exceptionalism: We’d Be Great If It Weren’t For Obama (mediaite.com)
- Obama and Democrats in every aspect of your life? Is that so far fetched today? (erickbrockway.com)