IBM – IBM (NYSE: IBM) today (Jan 10) announced that it received a record 6,478 patents in 2012 for inventions that will enable fundamental advancements across key domains including analytics, Big Data, cybersecurity, cloud, mobile, social networking and software defined environments, as well as industry solutions for retail, banking, healthcare, and transportation. These patented inventions also will advance a major shift in computing, known as the era of cognitive systems.
This is the 20th consecutive year that IBM topped the annual list of U.S. patent recipients.
“We are proud of this new benchmark in technological and scientific creativity, which grows out of IBM’s century-long commitment to research and development,” said Ginni Rometty, chairman and CEO, IBM. “Most concretely, our 2012 patent record and the two decades of leadership it extends are a testament to thousands of brilliant IBM inventors — the living embodiments of our devotion to innovation that matters, for our clients, for our company and for the world.” more> http://tinyurl.com/affyvfs
- IBM Tops US Patent List, Again (hispanicbusiness.com)
- IBM dominates 2012 patent count with Google, Apple surging (networkworld.com)
- IBM Granted Most U.S. Patents for 20th Straight Year (bloomberg.com)
- IBM (IBM) Remains Patent Colossus for 20th Straight Year (PC) (MSFT) (streetinsider.com)
- IBM Got The Most Patents In America For The 20th Straight Year (businessinsider.com)
- Undisputed patent king IBM sets its scientists to work on ‘Big Data’ (venturebeat.com)
- Microsoft Ranked Among The Top 10 U.S. Patent Winners of 2012 (microsoft-news.com)
- IBM filed close to 6,500 patents in 2012 (siliconrepublic.com)
- IBM Tops U.S. Patent List for 20th Consecutive Year (sacbee.com)
- IBM tops patent list for 20th year, Craig Wolf, Poughkeepsie Journal