By David Taber – The promise of cloud computing is that you, the customer, don’t ever have to buy another server, back up another disk drive or worry about another software upgrade. All those promises are true-and now there are multimillion-dollar companies without a single server closet. Cool.
Let’s look at three lessons too many companies have learned the hard way by making themselves vulnerable in the cloud.
- Lesson #1: The Cloud Never Forgets
- Lesson #2: Data in the Cloud Needs a Steward
- Lesson #3: Since the Cloud Replaces Internal IT, It Must Be Managed Like IT
- Can Netflix Escape Amazon’s Grip? Dana Blankenhorn, Seeking Alpha
- Health care and the cloud are finally coming together, David Linthicum, InfoWorld