By Barry Ritholtz – Let’s be blunt: Banking has devolved into an unruly mess.
After years of deregulation, it has become all but impossible to re-regulate modern banking. There was a brief window during the credit crisis, but that has passed. Today, profits trump soundness. Safety and security are secondary to risk-taking and speculation.
- How the FDIC Can End TBTF (ritholtz.com)
- ‘Dump Your Bank’ Movement Still Gaining Momentum (aarp.org)
- RITHOLTZ: I Think About JP Morgan’s Trading Loss The Same Way I Think About Cockroaches (businessinsider.com)
- REVEALED: The True Origins Of The Piggy Bank (businessinsider.com)
- JPMorgan’s debacle, and its parallels to AIG (ritholtz.com)
- Banker Angst: The Inside Story (With Pictures), David Futrelle, TIME.com