By Robert W. Wood – The lackluster IRS testimony so far suggests we may never know what happened, who did what, who knew, when they knew and worse. Confusion and Staff Troubles Rife at I.R.S. Office in Ohio.
Amid all the noise, many Americans should ask simpler questions:
- Why is the tax law so horribly complex?
- Can I feel secure that I will be dealt with fairly by the IRS?
- Doesn’t the IRS police its employees?
- Why does it seem that there’s always someone getting away with something in the tax world?
- Can I feel secure that my private taxpayer information will remain private?
- Why is staying off the IRS radar so important?
CONGRESS WATCH Committee Investigation Finds More Than One Thousand Small Business Contractors Weren’t Fully Paid, Committee on Small Business/US Congress GSA owes more than $3 million to small businesses, J.D. Harrison, Washington Post Hearing Examines Patent Reform Law and Safeguards … Continue reading
CONGRESS WATCH Senate Passes Freedom to Fish Act, US Senate Senate Democrats Block Sen. Paul’s Resolution Condemning IRS, US Senate Sen. Paul Introduces Legislation to Prevent ‘Milk Cliff’, US Senate Lee, Cruz, Paul: Don’t Use Procedural Tricks to Raise Taxes, … Continue reading
CONGRESS WATCH In Letter to President, Senate Republicans Demand Complete Cooperation Into IRS Investigation, US Senate Chambliss on IRS Commissioner Steven Miller’s Resignation, YouTube [VIDEO 1:20] Obama ‘Jeopardizing’ Partnership between Savannah River Site and Georgia over Plutonium Disposition, US Senate … Continue reading
CONGRESS WATCH A Minute with Jay: National Police Week, YouTube [VIDEO 0:55]