By Beth Stackpole – After introducing a handful of exploratory products and experimenting with a boatload of Autodesk labs projects, Autodesk is formerly rolling out a series of up to a dozen Web services as part of its Autodesk Cloud offering.
“The opportunity [in the cloud] is pretty widespread for us to extend our current desktop tools and take the processes and workflows that our customers use today and help them do more powerful things in the cloud,” Autodesk Product Line Manager for Cloud Platforms Shanna Tellerman tells Design News. “There are a lot of ways traditional software is changing, and the cloud used in the right place for the right kinds of methods is where we are focusing.” more> http://is.gd/KQUNZr
- Now this is how to do the App Internet right (zdnet.com)
- Popular iPhone app raises Autodesk’s profile (sfgate.com)
- Already the leader in CloudCAD, Autodesk goes just about whole hog (worldcadaccess.typepad.com)
- Autodesk aims to take 3D design, engineering to the cloud (zdnet.com)
- How Autodesk Plans to Consolidate CAD (and You) on the Cloud. (solidsmack.com)
- Autodesk Cloud is Here (core77.com)