By Alastair Macdonald – For an October revolution, dress warm. That’s the word going out – politely – on the Web to rally street protests on Saturday around the globe from New Zealand to Alaska via London, Frankfurt, Washington and, of course, New York, where the past month’s Occupy Wall Street movement has inspired a worldwide yell of anger at banks and financiers.
Concrete demands are few from those who proclaim “We are the 99 percent,” other than a general sense that the other 1 percent – the “greedy and corrupt” rich, and especially banks – should pay more, and that elected governments are not listening. more> http://is.gd/6H6UdI
- On George Soros, Occupy Wall Street, and Reuters, Felix Salmon, Reuters
- Occupy Wall Street protests reveal liberal tensions, Peter Wallsten, Washington Post
- Occupy Wall Street roundup, Day 27 (dailykos.com)
- Protesters To Occupy London, Rome, Madrid Saturday (huffingtonpost.com)
- Occupy Wall Street: Top 10 Protester Signs (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Occupy Wall Street’s Wild Morning in Pictures and Video (theawl.com)