By Beth Stackpole – The first 3D printers platforms primarily served as rapid prototyping machines, used judiciously to build late-stage mock-ups of parts and, in some cases, manufacture full product designs.
A recent wave of home printers and service bureaus are opening up the technology to “makers” and consumers who want to flex their creative muscles, prototyping everything from food and fashion to artificial limbs. more> http://is.gd/165Fog
- 52 Innovations in 3D Printing – From Neon 3D Printable Accessories to 3D Printed Fossils (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- 3D Printing Community to Crowdsource Saving a Species (shareable.net)
- Catastrophe Becomes Art With 3D Printing (pcworld.com)
- British Artist Remakes Nine Minutes of Japan’s Destruction as Something Beautiful [Video] (gizmodo.com)
- Bigger than the internet – 3D Printing (startupblog.wordpress.com)