By Beth Stackpole – The new supplier parts catalogue Web portal is being made available thanks to a partnership with CADENAS Gmbh, a provider of parts management software. The portal, which serves up Solid Edge-specific versions of CADENAS’ PARTsolutions 3D catalogue, gives engineers access to a library of millions of commercially available components and assemblies that users can purchase and download directly to place into their product designs without the need for additional modeling, looking up part numbers, or trying to figure out supplier product configurations.
Though the idea of a part portal isn’t necessarily rocket science, it can really go a long way in simplifying the time-consuming grunt work associated with finding and modifying parts. Because the portal only showcases the part variations that are currently available, engineers are more likely to create accurate part lists and spec out more realistic assemblies the first time around. more> http://is.gd/NrBGqx
- Siemens Sets FreeTrial for CAD, Sim Tool (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- The Slow Ramp to PLM’s Value (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- Why PLM 2.0 ? : part 1 What is PLM 2.0 ? (virtualdutchman.com)
- Siemens PLM Promises Support of Solid Edge… Again (cadinsider.typepad.com)
- Siemens Introduces Solid Edge Design1 to Local Motors Community… Here’s the Catch. (solidsmack.com)
- Local Motors and Siemens PLM, Dassault and 3DVIA… Collaboration is ON. (solidsmack.com)