By Brendan Sasso – Online activists who helped sink the Stop Online Piracy Act (SOPA) earlier this year have now turned their sights to a House cybersecurity bill, the Cyber Intelligence Sharing and Protection Act (CISPA).
Reddit helped rally opposition to SOPA and was one of the first major websites to declare that it would black out in protest of the anti-piracy bill. The massive Web protest, which was joined by Google and Wikipedia, caused a public outcry and forced Congress to scrap the anti-piracy bill.
- SOPA Part II Or Not? Congress Taking Up Controversial New Cybersecurity Bill (mediaite.com)
- CISPA Replaces SOPA as Public Enemy No. 1 (blippitt.com)
- New CISPA Cybersecurity Bill Even Worse than SOPA (yro.slashdot.org)
- New CISPA cybersecurity bill will censor the Web..trumps SOPA (seeker401.wordpress.com)
- CISPA: Worse than SOPA? (marciokenobi.wordpress.com)
- Worse than SOPA? CISPA to censor Web in name of cybersecurity (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Watch out, Washington: CISPA replaces SOPA as Internet’s Enemy No. 1 (digitaltrends.com)
- The New SOPA: CISPA (notesandobservations.me)
- MPAA boss: ‘SOPA isn’t dead yet’ (go.theregister.com)
- CISPA – HR 3523: The New SOPA (musicians4freedom.com)