By Wayne Winegarden – Obamacare increases government regulations, increases taxes, and increases spending, but it never addresses the central problems with the current health care system. That is, it neither improves health outcomes nor controls skyrocketing health care costs.
Medical costs have been growing at an unsustainable pace for far too long: over the past 20 years, overall consumer prices have risen a bit over 60 percent based on the Consumer Price Index. Prices for medical care grew nearly twice as much – 111 percent.
Obamacare’s fundamental flaw is its inability to “bend this cost curve” because it does not alter the incentives driving health care inflation. more> http://tinyurl.com/7vk3waq
- Raven Clabough ~ Texas Refuses To Implement Obamacare (shiftfrequency.com)
- Repealing Obamacare Won’t Solve the Health Care Mess (but It’s a Good Start) (cato-at-liberty.org)
- Matheson votes to repeal Obamacare, joins House GOP ()
- Obamacare Is Not Constitutional (nationalreview.com)
- SCOTUS says Obamacare is just a tax. Here’s Obamacare’s 21 Taxes! (fellowshipofminds.wordpress.com)
- Obamacare Is A Major Tax Cut For Middle Class Families (thinkprogress.org)
- Mitt Romney react to Supreme Court: Obamacare is a “job killer.” Transcript (blogs.suntimes.com)
- House of Representatives Votes to Repeal Health Care Reform (blogs.voanews.com)
- Repeal of Health Care Law Approved, Again, by House, Robert Pear, NYTimes.com
- First we should decide if health care is a right, Leonard A. Zwelling, chron.com
- House approves ObamaCare repeal in first vote since Supreme Court ruling, Fox News
- House votes 244-185 to repeal healthcare, Elise Viebeck and Pete Kasperowicz, Hill