By John H. Cochrane – The legal distinctions among a mandate, a tax, a penalty, or a credit, and between federal and state powers, are important legally and constitutionally. But they are irrelevant in economic terms for this law.
Let’s stop playing lawyer and get back to economics and policy.
Opponents: Return to articulating the disastrous economic and health-care effects of this law. And articulate better ways to solve the mess.
- The Meaning Of Rube Goldberg Machines (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)
- You Can Now Find Out If Rovio’s Amazing Alex Is Indeed Amazing (appadvice.com)
- Watch A Tiny Rube Goldberg Machine That Makes Postcards (fastcodesign.com)
- Why ObamaCare Will Kill Medicine, You and The US Economy (thedifferencesofus.com)
- Kentucky says it will implement central piece of Obama’s health law, Sam Baker, Hill
- How each state will approach health care act, USA TODAY/Detroit Free Press
- Universal health care on the horizon, James Burdick, baltimoresun.com
- Seeking to Preserve Obamacare, Chief Justice Roberts Eviscerated It, Grace-Marie Turner, Forbes