By Brendan Sasso – Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and other lawmakers scaled back their cybersecurity legislation in a bid to win over businesses and Republicans, but the changes weren’t enough to satisfy IBM.
The company acknowledged that lawmakers made “substantial changes,” but said the bill “remains flawed.”
IBM worried that the the incentives would “quickly transform into a de facto government regulatory scheme.” The company also complained that the legislation unnecessarily slows down the sharing of cyber threat information and imposes too much bureaucracy on the process. more> http://tinyurl.com/c2bstwv
- Revised Cybersecurity Act Needs Amendments for Privacy, Security (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)
- Cybersecurity bill wins key Senate vote (upi.com)
- Crime Stories Used to Push CyberSecurity Bill (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)
- Lawmakers, industry spar over cybersecurity standards (powersthatbeat.wordpress.com)
- Senate advances measure to improve cybersecurity (seattletimes.nwsource.com)