By Karen Lightman – After hearing the beautiful sound achieved with the high-performance MEMS microphone that Rob O’Reilly of Analog Devices demonstrated at Sensors Expo 2012, I have the same kind of anticipation for what kind of rock stars this device might unleash. What makes this MEMS mic so different is that the sound is so clear and perfect that it can make anyone sound like a rock star, sans the million-dollar recording studio.
What makes it smart? According to the folks at Analog Devices, the MEMS microphone’s technology provides a higher signal-to-noise ratio for better near- and far-field performance, as well as flatter frequency response and noise rejection. This ultimately produces higher-quality sound. Throw beam forming, directionality, and proximity response into the mix, and you have a microphone for a wide range of applications. more> http://tinyurl.com/8cs75sy
- Research Report on MEMS Market (azonano.com)
- Apple, Samsung Biggest Consumer & Mobile MEMS Spenders In 2011 (misco.co.uk)
- Visiongain Report on Mobile MEMS Market (azonano.com)
- STMicroelectronics Continues to Drive MEMS Market and Application Development With Innovative Technology (sys-con.com)
- Nanotechnology and MEMS Market Research Report and Industry Almanac (azonano.com)
- The Mobile Micro Electro Mechanical System (MEMS) Market 2012-2017: Smartphones, Tablets, Netbooks, E-readers, Ultrabooks (sys-con.com)