By Geoffrey James –
If politicians really wanted to help small business, they’d do the following:
- Stop making ‘small business’ meaningless.
- Punish large companies that defect elsewhere.
- Be honest about ‘free trade.’
- Create a progressive business tax.
- Make corporate campaign contributions public.
- Legalize (and tax) the drug trade.
- Implement size-neutral health insurance.
- Educate more engineers.
Sometimes it seems like the higher education system in the United States is geared exclusively towards the creation of MBAs. With all due respect, small businesses don’t need more MBAs–but they do need more engineers. more> http://tinyurl.com/cn8vkrx
- 8 Ways Washington Could Really Help Small Business (business.time.com)
- 8 Ways Politicians Can Help Small Business (inc.com)
- Convincing Small Business that Prosperity Is Just Around the Corner (entrepreneur.com)
- CAMEO Says, Help Unemployed Start a Small Business, PRWeb
- Small businesses and apprentices, xln
- Small Businesses Rate Idaho and Texas Friendliest States, California and New York Among Least Friendly, Kauffman Foundation
- It’s the shrinking workforce stupid, Rob Gordon, American Startup Report