Official portrait of Vice President of the United States.
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
By Justin Sink and Ian Swanson – Mitt Romney went on offense Tuesday (Oct 2) ahead of his crucial first debate against President Obama, adding fresh details to his policies while capitalizing on a blunder by Vice President Biden.
Separately, Romney’s campaign seized on a gaffe by Biden Tuesday that forced Team Obama to engage in damage control on the debate’s eve.
Combined, Biden’s gaffe and Romney’s tax proposal added up to a good day for the Republican, who has had precious few of those over the past few weeks.
With just five weeks to go before Election Day, Romney is trailing in most polls. more> http://tinyurl.com/8hqsdkl
- Biden Gaffe on Eve of US Presidential Debate (themoderatevoice.com)
- Introducing the Joe Biden Gaffe-o-Meter (washingtonpost.com)
- Romney goes on the offense on eve of first presidential debate (thehill.com)
- Biden gaffe on eve of US presidential debate (nation.co.ke)
- Biden gaffe on eve of presidential debate (abc.net.au)
- Biden says middle class ‘buried’ the last 4 years, Republicans pounce (foxnews.com)
- US election: Republicans seize on Joe Biden’s ‘middle class’ gaffe at campaign rally (telegraph.co.uk)
- Biden in Charlotte: Middle class ‘buried the last four years’ (newsobserver.com)
- Prosperity in swing states may be key in presidential race, Walter Hamilton, latimes.com
- For election losers, many paths through the political wilderness, Bill Turque, Washington Post
- Ryan swipes Biden on ‘buried’ remark, says it’s time to ‘stop digging’, Justin Sink, Hill
- For a preview, look to primary debates, Christian Heinze, Hill
By Andy Greenberg – A trio of hackers have built a tool that appears to be an innocent dry erase marker, but when inserted into the port on the bottom of a common form of hotel room keycard lock triggers the lock’s open mechanism in a fraction of a second.
“I guess we wanted to show that this sort of attack can happen with a very small, concealable device,” says Matthew Jakubowski, one of the three hotel lock hackers and a security researcher with the consultancy Trustwave. more> http://tinyurl.com/8vb8oyz
Posted in Business, How to, Product, Technology
Tagged Andy Greenberg, Cybersecurity, Hotel, Industrial economy, Keycard lock, Marker pen, Matthew Jakubowski, Security, Trustwave
By Marcia Dunn – His blood could boil. His lungs could overinflate. The vessels in his brain could burst. His eyes could hemorrhage.
And, yes, he could break his neck while jumping from a mind-boggling altitude of 23 miles.
Next Monday over New Mexico, he will attempt the highest, fastest free fall in history and try to become the first skydiver to break the sound barrier.
“So many unknowns,” Baumgartner says, “but we have solutions to survive.” more> http://tinyurl.com/8n56tdh
CONGRESS WATCH House Session – Oct 3, 2012, C-SPAN [VIDEO 6:08:44] A Time for Debate and Reflection, Editorial, New York Times Final Vote Results for Roll Call 455, US Congress U.S. Senate Roll Call Votes 107th Congress – 2nd Session, … Continue reading
CONGRESS WATCH Interview on Riley and Scot show, YouTube [VIDEO 11:23]
CONGRESS WATCH Job Hunters Boot Camp: October 16, 2012 San Mateo County Event Center San Mateo, California Related articles Updates from Congresswoman Jackie Speier (theneteconomy.wordpress.com)