By Christine Burns – The time for dabbling in cloud computing is over, say industry analysts. 2013 is the year that companies need to implement a hybrid cloud strategy that puts select workloads in the public cloud and keeps others in-house.
“Next year has to be the year that enterprises get serious about having real cloud operations as part and parcel of their IT operations,” says John Treadway, vice president at Cloud Technology Partners, a consultancy.
He expects most of these in-house private clouds to be abandoned in favor of more strategic hybrid mixes of public cloud services and more commercially packaged private clouds services like those based on OpenStack standard or VMware‘s vCloud. more> http://tinyurl.com/arhbz73
- It’s Not Always Sunny in Cloud Computing: A Look At The Risks (datacenterknowledge.com)
- 2013 Prediction: We’ll Finally Get Real About Cloud (forbes.com)
- Cloud startup gets cues from Amazon, Google and OpenStack to drive private … (networkworld.com)
- Cloud showdown: Amazon vs. Rackspace vs. Microsoft vs. Google (networkworld.com)
- The Year of the Cloud Isn’t Coming, It’s Been Here (thevarguy.com)
- Hitachi, VMware Team on Hybrid Cloud Solutions (thevarguy.com)