By Matthew Melchiorre – Money expedites trade between individuals by dramatically reducing transaction costs. By denominating the value of a chair, apple, etc. in easily portable units that everyone accepts, a buyer of one person’s supply need not be the supplier of the same person’s demand. The carpenter and apple grower can now spend more time making chairs and picking apples and less time finding mutually beneficial transactions.
More money doesn’t make everyone richer; more production does. The carpenter and apple grower don’t want money per se, but the value of their products that money represents. more> http://tinyurl.com/b8pxggv
- Magician Economists Like Bernanke Can’t Pull Prosperity Out Of A Hat (openmarket.org)
- Bernanke Dissatisfied With Growth Will Press on With Pace of QE (dailypaul.com)
- Bernanke Seen Buying $1.14 Trillion in Assets in 2014 (inflationnews.wordpress.com)
- Bernanke Seen Buying $1.14 Trillion in Assets in 2014 (bloomberg.com)
- Bernanke Dissatisfied With Growth Will Press on With Pace of QE – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Bernanke Is The Biggest Threat To The Stock Market Rally (seekingalpha.com)