By Alexander Bolton – The Senate’s Gang of Eight on Tuesday (Apr 16) released the details of a broad agreement to overhaul the nation’s immigration laws.
The legislation would give provisional legal status to an estimated 11 million illegal immigrants and put them on a pathway to citizenship but only after a list of criteria for securing the U.S.-Mexico border are achieved. more> http://tinyurl.com/c7dq9gs
- Immigration bill would be largest such effort ever attempted, Brian Bennett and Lisa Mascaro, Los Angeles Times
- Immigration — five things to watch for, Russell Berman and Jordy Yager, Hill
- With endorsement of immigration plan, Rubio makes first major policy gamble of his career, David Nakamura, Washington Post
- Republican money backs immigration push, Steve Peoples, Associated Press
- Rubio: Immigration plan ‘not amnesty’, Cameron Joseph, Hill