By Sinead Carew – Verizon Communications Inc posted a higher-than-expected quarterly profit on the performance of its wireless business, which reined in costs without slowing growth.
Verizon also ramped up the pressure on Vodafone Group Plc, which owns 45 percent of the Verizon Wireless unit.
“It just feels like they’re tightening the circle around their customers,” Evercore analyst Jonathan Schildkraut said, referring to Verizon’s ability to retain customers and add more devices through its data share plans. more> http://tinyurl.com/cw4t6gc
- Verizon says will not pay a premium for Vodafone stake →
- Vodafone vs Verizon -a battle of attrition ←
- Verizon rakes in wireless service fees in first quarter; shares hit 12-year high, Associated Press/Washington Post
- Verizon’s new phone upgrade policy draws scrutiny, Roger Cheng, CNET News
- iPhone Activations Rise 25% at Verizon, Account for 55% of New Smartphones, Eric Slivka, Mac Rumors
- Wireless Fees Drive Verizon’s Earnings Beat, CNBC