By Jason Mick – AT&T Inc. (T) and arch-rival Verizon Communications Inc. (VZ) (who owns the Verizon Wireless brand) together own over two-thirds of the U.S. mobile market. Neither company appears to be budging, posting growth — but only small subscriber gains at the expense of smaller carriers.
The deal would be crafted to give America‘s second largest carrier control over the Vodafone units that operate in the most lucrative mobile market region outside of the U.S. — the EU. AT&T would look to finance the bid, in part, by offloading units of Vodafone outside of Europe to other carrier superpowers, who would help pay for the massive deal. more> http://tinyurl.com/orr73vd
- AT&T to buy Vodafone in 2014? (phonearena.com)
- AT&T Said to Explore Vodafone Takeover as Soon as Next Year – Bloomberg (bloomberg.com)
- Could Vodafone Really Even Be Acquired by AT&T? (247wallst.com)
- AT&T laying groundwork for possible takeover of Vodafone in the new year (independent.ie)
- AT&T Eyes Vodafone Takeover In 2014 – Report (techweekeurope.co.uk)