EA-18G Airborne Electronic Attack Aircraft (Growler)
Boeing – The EA-18G, currently being delivered to the U.S. Navy, is the cornerstone of the naval Airborne Electronic Attack (AEA) mission. Derived from the combat proven F/A-18F aircraft, the EA-18G incorporates advanced AEA avionics bringing transformational capability for suppression of enemy air defenses (SEAD) and non-traditional electronic attack operations.
- The EA-18G will counter enemy air defenses using both reactive and pre-emptive jamming techniques
- The EA-18G will be highly effective in the traditional stand-off jamming mission, but with the speed and agility of a Super Hornet, it will also be effective in the escort role
- Dramatically enhanced situational awareness and uninterrupted communications will enable the EA-18G to achieve a higher degree of integration with ground operations than has been previously achievable
- With its Advanced Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar, digital data links and air-to-air missiles, the EA-18G will have self-protection capability and will also be effective for target identification and prosecution
- Interference Cancellation System (INCANS) dramatically enhances aircrew situational awareness by enabling uninterrupted communications during jamming operations
The AEA suite provides state-of-the-art selective-reactive and pre-emptive jamming capability. The majority of the AEA-unique avionics are installed on a pallet in the gun bay and in two wingtip pods. Nine weapon stations provide unique flexibility for carriage of weapons, jamming pods, and other stores to meet the needs for standoff jamming, escort jamming, time critical strike, or communications countermeasures.
The AEA communications receiver and jamming system provide electronic suppression and attack against communication threats. These systems, combined with the F/A-18F Super Hornet air-to-air and air-to-ground capabilities, yield a formidable and flexible capability with significant growth capability for the future. more> http://tinyurl.com/lksetxz