By Greg Satell – At the beginning of the dot com boom, many assumed that e-commerce would become an instant success. Eager VC’s threw money at just about any business plan that promised to end the drudgery of shopping with a few clicks of a mouse.
It didn’t work out all that well.
With all the huffing and puffing, e-commerce has a very small impact on total revenues. So how do you inject digital technology into the shopping experience?
The answer lies in what Daniel Rigby calls the “Omnichannel Organization.” more> http://is.gd/KsV7rD
- Interactive Smarter Retail Experience, StrategyGroup
- Consumer Spending in U.S. Stalls, Alex Kowalski, Bloomberg
- The future of retail: the rise of omnichannel marketing and sales (rossdawsonblog.com)
- “Omni” What? It’s Da BOMB (customerthink.com)
- 10 Business Plan Words Every Manager Needs to Know By Heart (entrepreneur.com)